Applications open to Graduates within the last 4 years
- a graduate (within the last 4 years) with a Science (Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry) qualification?
Do you want to…
- Kick-start your career with wide ranging practical experience in Quality Assurance, Testing and other technical disciplines.
- Work in the exciting craft beer / beverage industry helping new products get to market.
- Become an integral part of our Quality Team in rolling out our very first in-house Laboratory
- Work closely with our growing Irish, UK, and European teams?
- Join an ambitious and rapidly growing company committed to career development?
- Work directly with senior management within a team which promotes a ‘start up’ mentality?
Bevcraft Group provides specialist Process & Packaging services for the craft beverage industry and today works closely with over 200 breweries and craft beverage producers across Ireland, the UK and Europe.
Bevcraft Group has evolved from being an award-winning start-up to be a leader in its field and offers a dynamic environment in which to build a career in an exciting rapidly growing sector. Bevcraft Group’s services currently include mobile contract canning, wholesale supplies, shrink sleeving, labeling, coding and related services. The business has recently commissioned Europe’s very first ‘Tonejet direct to can digital printing’ line at its site in Peterborough, UK.
The business currently has facilities at locations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands and has exciting plans to add to this in the coming years. The head office is based in Mullingar, Co. Westmeath.
As part of the company’s current expansion, it is developing an in-house laboratory to further enhance its Quality Assurance Programme.
The role will be based at the new Bevcraft Group laboratory. The facility forms part of the development of an exciting new National Beverage Innovation Centre currently under construction in Mullingar and will work closely with the COO and the Quality Supervisor who will provide one-on-one mentoring, as well as with members of the wider Production and Quality teams.
The candidate will be supported by both internal and external quality control resources and ongoing training and support. They will have the opportunity to shape the development of the role over time and take on responsibility at a pace that reflects the candidate’s ability and career ambitions.
The role will include:
New Laboratory / Static Facility
- Carry out routine PCR testing for common beverage spoilage organisms including wild yeasts and ‘hop-resistant bacteria’
- Undertake regular validation of Tunnel Pasteurisation process
- Undertake ABV testing to satisfy QA, H&S and Customs obligations
- Initial ‘Bench Testing’ of new products / formulations to assess compatibility with canning process
- Comprehensive filing of results and reporting of same in conjunction with the Quality Supervisor / COO
- Assisting in the procurement of new laboratory capital equipment and consumables
- Stock control of laboratory consumables
- Potential R&D Assignments
Within Existing QC / QA Procedures
- Working closely with the existing Quality Supervisor to continue to develop our QC procedures
- Working to improve currently in place procedures in respect of product sample collection, Dissolved Oxygen Testing and ATP Swabbing
- Engaging with the Production Team to ensure current QC procedures are sufficiently robust and properly carried out
- Working with the Quality Supervisor to develop our shelf-life testing / Accelerated Aging programme in respect of client products
Working With Existing Partners
- Continue to maintain a close working relationship with our current laboratory partners:
- Validation of in-house results
- Periodic external audits of procedures
- Working together on resolutions to more complex client issues
- Working with current chemical supply partners to maximise efficiency and efficacy of formulations
- Close contact with our can-making partners to ensure the highest level of product compatibility, traceability and quality along the supply chain
The role is expected to be varied and over time will grow in the directions best suited to the successful candidate’s skillset and career trajectory.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Degree in Science / Microbiology / Biology / Biochemistry or related discipline
- Proven track record of academic results
- Be quality-focused with a desire to work in Ireland’s exciting Beverage Industry
- Be detail-orientated and approach work in a logical / methodical way
- Have experience in a range of qualitative and quantitative testing methods including PCR
- Have excellent computer skills including standard packages (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and a desire to build on these skills
- Be a self starter / self directed and motivated
- Work as part of a team both those within the same office and at other locations
- Be punctual / reliable
- Trustworthy and honest
- Ambitious and committed to their own progression
For the ideal candidate the following will be offered:
- A competitive base salary (subject to experience / qualifications)
- An initial Full Time 2 year contract with clear milestones (subject to 6mt probation)
- A clear Annual Review process with a career / promotion path within a rapidly growing business in an exciting sector
- Access to a bonus scheme which you enrol in after 6mts is completed
- Company funded social events
- Finish early Fridays
The Bevcraft Group is committed to creating quality career opportunities and seeks to provide annual pay rises to mitigate inflation, reward experience and encourage greater responsibility.
To apply, please send your CV and cover to email@example.com