Bevcraft Group provides specialist Process & Packaging services for the craft beverage industry and today works closely with over 250 breweries and craft beverage producers across Ireland, the UK and Europe.
Bevcraft Group has evolved from being an award-winning start-up to a leader in its field and offers a dynamic environment in which to build a career in an exciting rapidly growing sector. Bevcraft Group’s services currently include mobile contract canning, wholesale supplies, printing, shrink sleeving, labeling, coding and related testing services.
Bevcraft are now opening a new direct-to-can digital print facility in Peterborough using new Tonejet Cyclone technology which is the 1st of its kind in Europe. This service will eliminate the need for shrink sleeves / labels on smaller craft can production runs. The Peterborough site will have the potential to eliminate 44m pieces / 130,000kg of plastic every year.
Bevcraft Group require Digital Print Technicians to join our team at this facility. The role will include:
- Operate the digital printer alongside all associated equipment including primer, curing oven and conveyance equipment
- Continually monitor and adjust the printer and associated equipment as needed to achieve target output quality and quantity
- Diagnose and resolve colour management or printing problems / respond to any system issues including alerts / stops etc.
- Ensure automated depalletization and repalletization equipment is monitored and fed with sufficient stocks / cleared upon completion
- Ensure all consumables such as inks are replenished as and when required to ensure maximum uptime / output
- Ongoing quality control of production including colour, layout, quantity and waste minimisation
- Peer review / assess quality of previous shifts production output
- Periodically inspect all aspects of production equipment to ensure optimum performance and routine maintenance procedures are undertaken
- Liaise with artwork / design team for production planning
- Co-ordinate with prior / follow on shift operators to ensure smooth handovers
- Contributing feedback / input to process improvement
- Work with other team members and our external technology partner to trouble shoot issues / improve processes and outputs
- Any other tasks related to organisational goals / meeting customer requirements
The role is expected to be varied and will present you with the opportunity to work on a diverse range of product designs and to use the latest Tonejet technology [see https://www.tonejet.com/# ].
4 Day Weeks
Bevcraft are passionate about product quality and good work / life balance – both of which benefit when a four-day week is achievable and shift lengths are kept reasonable.
This is why we have a 4-day week shift pattern / 40hr week + breaks for many members of our team.
Standard shifts will be 10hr + 30min breaks during daytime and will involve shifts either 6am to 4.30pm or 1pm to 11.30pm across Monday to Saturday.
Where demand is high additional night-time / Sunday shifts will be added in which will be much shorter at 7.5hr + 30min break. So, for example, if four such shifts were completed in a week then only 30hr + breaks would need to be completed to earn the full salary.
Shifts will be managed locally in accordance with demand and every effort will be made to accommodate individual preferences (some people prefer mornings, others evenings etc.). Where extra shifts are completed, TOIL (Time off in Lieu) can be built up for additional annual leave.
This is a really exciting opportunity to work with entirely new technology with support available from our Cambridgeshire based technical partners.
The ideal candidate will preferably have many or all of the following:
– Experienced with digital print / print industry / knowledge of inks
– Reasonable working knowledge of computer based design / print processes
– Be a self starter / self directed / ability to work individually
– Good teamwork skills
– Natural problem-solving ability / mechanical skills
– Be punctual / reliable / meet deadlines
– Be comfortable with early mornings / late evenings
– Methodical nature and ability to follow procedures
– Attention to detail / quality control
– Ability to undertake processes efficiently
– Have a degree of flexibility with regard to shift pattern
– Have an aptitude for cross training on production machinery / equipment
– Forklift experience [beneficial]
– Trustworthy and honest
– Have an interest in producing quality product for the craft beverage sector
For the ideal candidate the following will be offered:
– 4 Day Weeks Available
– A full time role to average 40 hours per week
– A competitive base salary
– Time-off-in-lieu system to accrue extra days off
– An attractive bonus scheme will be applicable after 6mts
– A career / promotion path within a rapidly growing business
– Ongoing training and development opportunities
A 6mt probationary period applies to this role after which time, if successfully completed the role will become permanent.
Apply by email with CV to email@example.com