- a graduate (within the last 4 years) with a Commerce / Business / Accountancy / Finance qualification?
- able to speak a second European language (i.e. English + any other) either as a native / fluent speaker or from living abroad for 6mts+ or having studied a second language as part of your degree / diploma?
Do you want to…
- Kick-start your career with wide ranging practical experience in Accountancy, Finance, Procurement, Pricing and Business Intelligence.
- Have a choice of a clear pathway and employer support to become a Qualified Accountant or to rotate / transition into other business administration specialisms.
- Work in the exciting craft beer / beverage industry helping new products get to market.
- Work closely with our growing Irish, UK and European teams?
- Use both English and your other language throughout your working week?
- Join an ambitious and rapidly growing company committed to career development?
- Work directly with senior management within a team which promotes a ‘start up’ mentality?
Bevcraft Group provides specialist Process & Packaging services for the craft beverage industry and today works closely with over 200 breweries and craft beverage producers across Ireland, the UK and Europe.
Bevcraft Group has evolved from being an award-winning start-up to become a leader in its field and offers a dynamic environment in which to build a career in an exciting rapidly growing sector. Bevcraft Group’s services currently include mobile contract canning, wholesale supplies, shrink sleeving, labeling, coding and related services.
The business currently has facilities at locations in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands and has exciting plans to add to this in the coming years. The head office is based in Mullingar, Co. Westmeath.
The role will be based at our Head Office in Mullingar and will work closely with the CFO who will provide one-on-one mentoring as well as the COO, Client Services Supervisor and others. The role will include:
- Phased introduction to our accounting systems, business processes and reporting structure across our Irish, UK and European companies.
- Gradually taking on responsibility for ongoing key processes such as postings to accounting system, invoice / statement drafting, creditor / debtor book monitoring, tax calculations and submissions
- Ensuring accounts payable and receivable processes occur on time and queries are addressed expediently
- Undertaking key reconciliation procedures and internal checks and balances to ensure the integrity of books and records and ultimately engaging with our external Accountants & Auditors on year end
- Eventually taking on responsibility for completing month end procedures, journal entries, preparation of management accounts and ultimately draft annual accounts / consolidations.
- Calculation and analysis of margins across business units, divisions, service lines, products and geographic markets
- Analysis of investment decisions including CapEx, new markets, new products, new facilities across a range of financial and strategic metrics
- Supporting Senior Management in fundraising / finance decision making and their engagement with third party institutions, investors, advisors and support agencies
- Assisting Client Services teams in ordering products from existing suppliers and new sources
- Benchmarking supplier prices and invoices to ensure agreed terms met
- Supporting efforts to validate supplier standards and creation of associated frameworks
- Preparing quotation documents for the Client Services team using agreed formats
- Assisting the Client Services team in updating pricing schedules and on bespoke pricing requirements.
Within Business Intelligence
- Compiling and consolidating key performance indicator data across divisions and preparing regular reports to Senior Management
- Analysing data generated across the business to identify areas requiring improvement, investment and / or change
- Researching markets in which the business currently competes and / or proposes to compete and presenting findings to management
The role is expected to be varied and over time will grow in the directions best suited to the successful candidate’s skillset and career trajectory.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Degree in Commerce / Business / Accountancy / Finance or related discipline
- Proven track record of academic results
- Speak both English and a Second European Language
- A preference exists for Dutch / German / French / Polish but other language skills are welcome to apply
- Be detail-orientated and approach work in a logical / methodical way
- Have excellent computer skills including standard packages (Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.) and a desire to build on these skills to use professional software (e.g. Sage)
- Be a self starter / self directed and motivated
- Work as part of a team both those within the same office and at other locations
- Be punctual / reliable
- Trustworthy and honest
- Ambitious and committed to their own progression
For the ideal candidate the following will be offered:
- A competitive base salary (subject to experience / qualifications)
- An initial Full Time 2 year contract with clear milestones (subject to 6mt probation)
- A clear Annual Review process with a career / promotion path within a rapidly growing business in an exciting sector
- Access to an attractive bonus scheme which you enrol in after 6mts is completed
- Support for further professional qualifications including contribution to fees and study leave if candidate wishes to pursue qualification as an Accountant
- Company funded social events
- Finish early Fridays
The Bevcraft Group is committed to creating quality career opportunities and seeks to provide annual pay rises to mitigate inflation, reward experience and encourage greater responsibility.